So then on Monday, Heidi and I made grape juice. That was such a long and tedious process, blah. I had kind of a bad box, so I only got 4 jars of juice. Oh, well. It tastes pretty yummy!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
I am now an 'official' Mormon woman!
I have been busy the last few days with... canning!! I know, you would never expect it of me, right?! Well, my friend Heidi convinced me to buy a box of grapes from our ward canning order. (Thanks Heidi!) I also bought a box of apples, and someone gave us a box of tomatoes. I quickly realized that I needed to actually do something with these fruits, instead of just looking at them. So I bought a water bath canner and some jars on Saturday and canned the tomatoes. I couldn't believe how long it took!! I only made 6 little jars of tomatoes, and it took me all afternoon. Whew! But look how cute they are!

So then on Monday, Heidi and I made grape juice. That was such a long and tedious process, blah. I had kind of a bad box, so I only got 4 jars of juice. Oh, well. It tastes pretty yummy!

Even though it took a lot longer than I thought it would, I'm glad that I did it so at least I know the basics. Maybe next year I will branch out a little... we can't live on tomatoes and grape juice!
So then on Monday, Heidi and I made grape juice. That was such a long and tedious process, blah. I had kind of a bad box, so I only got 4 jars of juice. Oh, well. It tastes pretty yummy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh boy...what is happening to you??? Farming? Canning? Homeschooling?????
Post a Comment